Issue with Automatically Attaching Public Key in GpgOL for Outlook

I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I am experiencing while using GpgOL in Outlook. Every time I send an email, my public key is automatically attached to the message, which causes problems for the recipients, as they receive notifications about unencrypted attachments. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate an option in GpgOL’s settings to disable the automatic attachment of the public key.

I have already tried the following steps:

1. Reviewed all GpgOL settings in Outlook, particularly under the OpenPGP and S/MIME tabs, but did not find any option related to public key attachments.
  2. Checked the settings in Kleopatra (if applicable) for any relevant configurations.
  3. Searched through Outlook’s own mail settings without success.

Despite these efforts, I have not been able to resolve the issue. Could you please advise on how to disable the automatic attachment of the public key when sending encrypted or signed emails? Alternatively, if this feature cannot be disabled, is there another way to prevent the key from being sent with my messages?
Or maybe it should be switched off at the recipient, but we couldn’t find such an item at the recipient either.

If someone else has encountered a similar issue and found a solution, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions from the community.

1 Like

It seems I’ve figured it out. When the sender sends an email in HTML format, the recipient gets a notification that not all attachments are encrypted. If you create an email in “plain text,” everything arrives fine. I haven’t found a way to make Outlook automatically receive emails from this sender in “plain text” format. Choosing to receive all emails as “plain text” in the settings didn’t work.

Hi @Valerii,

Every time I send an email, my public key is automatically attached to the message

last time I’ve checked, GpgOL did not attach GnuPG pubkeys to mails. Could this be the work of your email system?
For S/MIME the certificates (which are also pubkeys, but called differently) are usually attached, but as part of the CMS message itself, so it should not be a problem.

When the sender sends an email in HTML format, the recipient gets a notification that not all attachments are encrypted.

Again this does not match my experience as GpgOL should encrypt all parts of an email (except the transport data in the headers). You could switch to text plain only emails though.

So I am a bit at a loss where your symptoms come from.

Regards,
Bernhard

1 Like

Thank you already figured out 99% more 1% I think I’ll figure it out)) The main thing is that the letters are encrypted and decrypted.