I installed gpg4win with GpgOl for Outlook 2016 currently, since my university now demands encrypted eMails. So I have created a pair of keys for my university mail account and got the public keys from my teachers.
But as soon as I want to encrypt a mail, GpgOl demands a public key for my own Microsoft account address (as a recipient), which is not my university mail account. The certificate from my teacher is recognized correctly, but it thinks that I want to send this mail to my Microsoft account address, too (which I never entered in the list of recipients).
Since I do not use this account for eMails it simply has no keys created for it and I don’t always want so send a copy to my Microsoft account for every mail that I send. I have checked if the correct account is selected for sending and if Outlook wants to send a copy to someone, but neither of it is the case.
As long as I do not create a key pair for my Microsoft account or find out how to remove this second mail address from the recipients list, I am not able to send an encrypted mail to my teachers.
I hope that someone knows something about it.
what happens if you just select your pubkey for the university account?
Which version of Gpg4win are we talking about?
(If it is 2.3.3, please try a https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Testversions )
thanks for your reply. If I select the key for my university account, the mail gets encrypted and sent.
I can also decrypt it afterwards with my passphrase for my university keypair and read it again.
Still I do NOT get a copy sent to my microsoft address, which is just the behaviour that I wanted.
So currently everything works just as it should, even if the window mentioned my microsoft address as a recipient.
We are talking about the latest official release on the website (2.3.3).
Tomorrow I will ask the recipient if he could decrypt the mail and keep on testing the behaviour, since now it seems to work.
Nevertheless I will try the beta version 3.0 and report here, if anything changes.
Thanks a lot for your help, sometimes the solution is just in front of your eyes.
it is good that it is working for you now!
This still might be a small problem in the selection code, so it would be cool if you could test the upcoming 3.0 and report.
it took some time but today I tried the current beta version and everything works as it is supposed to.
Now everything works out of the box, the selection dialog recognizes my university account and immediately enters all keys needed.
I can also decrypt the mail again so everything seems fine and I will stick with this version, unless any problem occurs. I suppose that the recipient can unlock the mail, with the old version it worked too.
Thanks again and best regards,
good to know that the beta works fine!
Thanks for testing and the feedback!