Using beta273 on Windows 8.1 x64 and Office 2013 x32.
When sending an encrypted mail to myself the mail body is stored un-encrypted and encrypted. I can read the first line of my message text in the notification popup and in the inbox list view.
When opening the mail I’m asked for my key pin. If I click Cancel I get “Could not decrypt the data” and see nothing more of my message text, but when opening the mail in OWA I can read my whole original message, and see the attached gpgolXXX.dat as well. (Please note, the message has not been opened and decrypted in the Outlook client prior this. This however works fine.)
Sending to other recipients than myself works as expected.
What email program are you using when you are “sending an encrypted mail to myself”?
As mentioned in my post, I’m using 32-bit Outlook 2013.
I figured that out, but it actually says “Office 2013 x32”.
sounds bad. Our goal is of course to never leak plaintext even to your own Server.
Sadly I can’t reproduce this problem I’m testing with OWA / Account from Outlook.com and it works as expected (except that the Could not Decrypt data shows “Invalid Crypto Engine”). https://files.intevation.de/users/aheinecke/self_mail_owa.png
What is your Server setup? Office365? Or a dedicated Exchange Server? If so which version?
Also (I know its a bit much but I’m really curious about this) could you enable debugging for GpgOL as described in:
And either upload the log here or send it to me ( firstname.lastname@example.org - 94A5C9A03C2FE5CA3B095D8E1FDF723CF462B6B1 )
Thanks for testing!
can you give use more information about your test setup?
(See Andre’s question in the last post.)
Sorry for late response, I’ve been offline this vacation.
First of all, my error description needs some correction; this issue not only occurs when sending to myself but to my co-worker as well. The mail is readable both in his phone (ActiveSync) and OWA, and the first lines is visible in the inbox list view preview as well. When opening the mail he is asked for his private key password.
We are using Exchange 2013 on premise and Swedish 32-bit Outlook clients on Win8.1 and Win10. I will have a look at the GpgOL debug link Andre provided.
please retry a current beta (e.g. 292) as we have meanwhile fixed
https://dev.gnupg.org/T3369 which seems to have been caused by a change
in behaviour in exchange. It could be the cause for your issue.
I have now tested beta 292 on my computer as well as my co-worker, and indeed this issue is resolved.
Thank you for your work!
You are welcome!
Thanks for confirming the fix!