I installed gpg4win 2.0.0 and found that clicking on a hyper-link in an e-mail in Outlook 2007, it took about 20 seconds for Firefox to open the link in a new tab.
Prior to installation, clicking on a link opened straightaway.
Similarly, I found that having pressing Ctrl-E to open Windows Explorer, it took about 20 seconds before the Windows Explorer window opened.
I’ve also seen instances where the Outlook window and any open e-mail message windows turned white and appeared to hang for a few minutes. Leaving the PC the windows were eventually redrawn and could be closed.
I’ve just uninstalled gpg4win 2.0.0 and these issues have disappeared.
Sorry, but not really any evidence to include.
Windows XP SP3
E8400 @ 3.00 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM
Thanks for the report. There are already two GpgOL issues:
https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1107 (GpgOL slow to open URLs)
https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue1104 (GpgOL slow to open attachments)
I think the Explorer issue is similar.
Ah, yes – the symptoms described in those other incidents do echo what I’ve seen.
Incidentally, I found that .URL files (shortcuts to Internet locations) saved to the desktop, when double-clicked, took forever to open in Firefox. However, as soon as Outlook was closed, the speed went back to normal.
Hope this helps with the debugging.
I noticed the same behavior when opening WOrd or Excel fiels from the Explorer. It takes minutes to start the application and open them as long as Outlook with pgp4win2 is install. I have no problems with pgp4win1.1.4
I have a similar problem. From Outlook 2007 the default browser took about 20 seconds to open a link from unencrypted mail. Uninstalling gpg4win 2.0.0 immediately solved the problem.
Windows Vista Business 64-bit
2.66 GHz Xeon, 4 GB RAM
I face the same problems (opening xls-Files from explorer, …) with kleopatra.
I can add a new bug: Kleopatra blocks my Laptop from changing to standby. There is no time limit.
If you later open an .xls file (after waiting 20s) the laptop goes in Standby…
Same situation here. But there is no need to uninstall the whole Gpg4win package. It is enough to deactivate the GpgOL Addin in Outlook (Trust Center->Add-ins tab->GO button (select Exchange Client Extensions when connected to Exchange))
Well, disabling gpgOL has no effekt for me.
The problems are still there.